This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kopete in Gutsy tribe 5

Not encountered this in previous builds, but Kopete won't stay connected to MSN, but remains connected to Yahoo and AOL messenger's okay. Have set it up as I usually do so seems like a bug of some sort?

TC

Re: Kopete in Gutsy tribe 5

well, msn is the only protocol/network i use with kopete and i've never had that problem with any version of kopete. (including the current version: 0.12.5 [4:3.5.7-2ubuntu1]). just so you know...

i'm on tribe 5 too btw.
    <br />

Comment

Disturbadite, it connects then disconnects all the time, so I don't know what I have done wrong in the settings if yours is okay. The AOL and Yahoo don't do this, and I have been able to use Kopete before in the other builds. Can you please run through your settings (minus your IM address of course! just so I can check with mine.

Thanks

TG

Comment

i just thought of another suggestion. try deleting your profile/msn account from kopete and doing the whole thing over again. or at least the username/password. if you set it to remember your un/pass and typed it wrong and set it to auto-reconnect, then it will disconnect continually.
        <br />

Comment

Exactly what happened to me and keep bugging me for a year, Kopete on and off works for me after install new versions, no matter upgrade from previous or new install, that's why I've to use Pidgin, but just now it gives no sound except console beep and I missed 'calls', it worked just 10min. ago BEFORE the latest update I installed. I read somewhere the Ubuntu guys do every new version from scratch instead of upgrade from old one, I suggest to change that, so what worked before will keep working !
          Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Comment

For what it's worth, I've had no problems since updating to tribe 5. I'm connected to Yahoo, ICQ, and MSN all the time.
            Specs:&nbsp; Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (@3Ghz), G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066, ASUS Striker II Formula MB, Asus EN9800GTX+ Dark Knight, ABS Tagan BZ800 PS, Antec 900 Case.

Comment

Originally posted by disturbedite
              i just thought of another suggestion. try deleting your profile/msn account from kopete and doing the whole thing over again. or at least the username/password. if you set it to remember your un/pass and typed it wrong and set it to auto-reconnect, then it will disconnect continually.
              Okay I will try that suggestion and thanks for the help! Will report back

TG

Comment

Well I tried your suggestion Disturbedite, but no joy! All my contacts come down as usual once I have filled in the connection details, and the butterfly is coloured okay, but as soon as I try to send a message, the Kopete icon spins, then upcomes this message in the bubble ' The following message has not been sent correctly so connection closed.Both Yahoo and Aol (aim) are okay its just the blasted MSN! (Which has most of my contacts) Blast! I am not the only one though that has had problems with Kopete and the MSN messenger. Anyway its not MSN its Windows Live Messenger now.

TG

Comment

well i don't know what else to suggest.

fwiw, there is a google soc project to implement msnp13 support for kopete. (which is what wlm uses & it will introduce those new features to kopete as well, obviously).
                  <br />

Comment

Working...
                  X