This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konqueror not using view profile

I've noticed that despite having a saved view profile of file management with Detailed List View, if I doubleclick a file that opens up one of konquerors' plugins like the pdf viewer or the image viewer inside of konqueror, and I hit Up on the toolbar to leave that plugin and go up in the directory, I revert back to the Icon View.

If I hit back instead, I'll still be using the setting I have of detailed list view, so it only seems to happen with the up button.

I've also noticed that newly created directories that are created by other applications sometimes have an icon view the first time I open them in konqueror, and I have to hit detailed list yet again. I've found it harder to nail down exactly how this happens though, it seems sort of random.

Can anyone else confirm this behavior within konqueror on gutsy, and if so, do you believe it is a kubuntu bug or a kde bug?

Re: Konqueror not using view profile

Anybody? Come on test it out and see if you see the same thing, it'd take like 2 seconds.

Comment

I can confirm that. My konqueror has the same behavior. The same was in feisty and edgy.

Comment

Originally posted by knedlyk
        I can confirm that. My konqueror has the same behavior. The same was in feisty and edgy.
        Ditto (although I've gotten used to hate it )

Comment

Man what a bummer. Seems there's been an open bug report about this for at least 8 months now.
          https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ngs/+bug/69168

At least there's a workaround though, but still, that seems rather unlike ubuntu to have a confirmed bug not resolved after so much time. Here's the workaround from the thread on that bug report, it's working for me, maybe it'll help you lot too.

In Konqueror, go to Settings/Config Konq/File Associations.

Select Inode from the list, select Directory as the Inode submenu, and within the Embedded tab, move Detailed List view (or whatever your preferred view) to the top.

Comment

Originally posted by molloollom
            Here's the workaround
            Neat 8)

Originally posted by molloollom
            rather unlike ubuntu to have a confirmed bug not resolved after so much time
            I have seen bugs die of old age on the "Launchpad" :P

Comment

Working...
            X