This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Openoffice crashes [SOLVED]

Every time I open Openoffice writer and try to type something Openoffice it is crashes with

Code:
    soffice.bin: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/openoffice/program/libspell680li.so: undefined symbol: _ZN8Hunspell5spellEPKc
    I googled internet and found the following reported bugs:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ll/+bug/111886
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ll/+bug/111940

So, it looks like we have problem with hunspell library. I tried to do some trick: I manually replaced hunspell library with previous version and it fixed openoffice but Firefox began to crash.

Another way, as it was suggested in bug discussion, just to rebuild openoffice. Who can make ubuntu package? 8)

Re: Openoffice crashes

I can't wait for a fixed opennoffice package. Receipt for those who has problem with openoffice crash: take the library libspell680li.so from the openoffice.org-core-2.0.4 package and put it manually here: /usr/lib/openoffice/program/libspell680li.so . Note that in this case spelling is not working, that is only trick to start working with openoffice 2.2.0 applications.

Comment

i thought i was the only one experiencing crashing at startup...

whenever i click on a specifc odt document of mine it crashes ooo 100% of the time without fail. i didn't know why so i just tried to open it via command line and it is indeed this same bug that i am being bitten by:

(process:10770): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.13.2/gobject/gtype.c:2242: initialization assertion failed, use IA__g_type_init() prior to this function

(process:10770): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_screen_get_font_options: assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed

(process:10770): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.13.2/gobject/gtype.c:2242: initialization assertion failed, use IA__g_type_init() prior to this function

(process:10770): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_screen_get_font_options: assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed

disturbedite@disturbedite-desktop:~$

/usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice.bin: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/openoffice/program/libspell680li.so: undefined symbol: _ZN8Hunspell5spellEPKc
      <br />

Comment

Similar to mine. Did you try my receipt?

Comment

oh, no i didn't yet. could you post the file? i don't really feel like downloading the whole package just to get the one file...
          <br />

Comment

You would think one of the Open Office people or the Kubuntu guys would just fix it instead of letting users develop temporary work-arounds.
            No such luck?

Comment

Here you are. Rename libspell680li.pdf to libspell680li.so
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PJJ
                You would think one of the Open Office people or the Kubuntu guys would just fix it instead of letting users develop temporary work-arounds.
                No such luck?
                Not at this time. This problem is actual more than month but nobody try to fix it.

Comment

thanks knedlyk it did work.

kudos
                  <br />

Comment

New update (07 June 2007) fix this problem. SOLVED

Comment

Working...
                    X