This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what to install on AMD Athlon X2 3600

I currently have feisty fawn installed on my computer but I have many problems.

The graphics card is of Nvidia.
    The problems are related to display. screen refresh rates, mouse icon disappearing whenever I log off, no video playback, etc.

I want to install the latest stable release of kubuntu.
    which one should I go for gutsy gibbon or anything later than that?
    And should I install 32-bit or 64-bit Linux?
    Please which one should I order for shipping or download.

Re: what to install on AMD Athlon X2 3600

Before you do that, have you tried using the Envy script installer to install your nVidia driver? This may resolve your display problems.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

No I have not tried that.
      I will definitely try that
      But first I need to reinstall kubuntu because I am not being able to boot on Kubuntu. May the files got corrupted somehow. It boots and at last is not able to find kmanager which it did earlier.

So, when I install a new one, I want to install a new release and stable, too.
      But I don't know which - i386 or amd64
      because it has to support not only my processor architecture but also the graphics and other devices.

There were other problems also - I used to get disconnected from Internet without any reason which didn't happen while using Windows. Some downloads for a software failed with no reason.

Comment

If Java is important to your use of the PC, install the 32-bit (i386) OS. Otherwise, 64-bit. The Nvidia driver will work correctly on either one.

Comment

Working...
        X