This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

--Sigh-- Flash/Firefox/Problem

I have installed nspluginwrapper, it doesn't work. I have tried manually installing the Flash plugin from Adobe's site, but I get the "this is not compatible with your x86_64 architecture" message in the terminal. I also tried installing the flash plugin from the repositories and it doesn't work either.

Does anybody have any suggestions for getting flash to work in either Firefox OR Konqueror (or even Epiphany)?

What do I do? Should I just download the 32 bit version of Kubuntu and hope that Adobe makes 64 bit plugins within the next few decades?

Re: --Sigh-- Flash/Firefox/Problem

I'm booted into a different OS at the moment and can't reboot Kubuntu, but is there a package named "mozilla-plugin-gnash" in your repos? If so, install that one, plus mozilla-mplayer, and see what you get.

IIRC, I used Kilz script from Ubuntu Forum the last time I had a problem on Kubuntu 64-bit. Here's a link:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=1174435

One of those approaches ought to work.

Comment

FLASHing AMAZING! they've got it right!! (Installing FLASH plugin in kubuntu 64)
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Tried that, it doesn't work.

As for the first poster, I will try your suggestions. Thanks.

Comment

One addendum regarding that link where the guy explains how he got his flash working. When I follow his directions, everything goes smoothly UNTIL the end where it tells me that the md5sum keys are not valid. So, that's why that doesn't work.

I tried gnash. Gnash does bring up a video window at You Tube, but the video doesn't play. I am going to try method number 2 now.

Comment

IIRC, I used Kilz script from Ubuntu Forum the last time I had a problem on Kubuntu 64-bit. Here's a link:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=1174435

One of those approaches ought to work.
            I did this but whenever I double click on the script file, nothing happens. Also, if I try to install the firefox Deb package, I get a message saying I am missing "ia32-lib-firefox." This file is not available in the repositories (I have found this out on other forums).

Comment

Originally posted by rookcifer
              Tried that, it doesn't work.

As for the first poster, I will try your suggestions. Thanks.
              I wrote that post about FLASHING amazing. I said it works in konqueror. Just dump FF

Comment

Working...
              X