X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WEP with shared key does not work

Hi there,

I am using a Siemens Gigaset 108 PCMCIA (atheros chipset) with Gusty. Normally, my wireless networking works fine, both in open and WPA encrypted networks. But now I need to log on a WEP network using shared key authentication - and that does not work, unfortunately.

I tried everything I could come up with - tested KWifimanager, Knetworkmanager and Wicd. Tried hex and ascii versions of the key (though it wonders me that it has 8 digits only). Nothing worked out. It seems as if the laptop and the router don't even want to talk to each other - I do not even seem to be able to authenticate.

In Wicd, I've also tried to tell the machine directly to use SKA authentication, made no difference... its a bit frustrating that all the macs and xp-machines around me have no problems at all...

Does someone have a good idea? Thanks in advance!

dnh

Re: WEP with shared key does not work

I think I am a bit closer to understanding what the cause is: Its an apple router. Google tells that many other people have similar problems, but I have not found any solution - anyone out there with a good idea?

Comment

Working...
    X