This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

atheros 5212 wireless working, but not working!!! help needed

Hi there I need some help/guidance getting my wireless card to work under AMD 64bit Kubuntu 7.10. This was installed only days ago in my search for a Linux OS that my wireless card would just work in. Well I settled on Kubuntu for a few reasons. 1. I prefer KDE 2. The forums seemed to have the most helpful entries regarding my problem. 3. Debian based

I have a wireless TP-Link card using atheros 5212 chipset that appears to be working but wont connect to ap. Card connects and works under windows and even an older copy of live PC Linux.

I have tried various wireless configuration tools, read through quite a few forum posts that seemed to be similar in nature. I've read man pages galore and still cannot get it to work under Kubuntu. I'm no novice when it comes to Linux I figure there must be something I'm missing here?

My latest thoughts were to track down the network startup sequence for the location of the default setup that is being applied to the wireless card so I could configure it that way. I'm just getting tired of this problem, shouldn't be this difficult.

The file I've attached below gives some outputs of some relevant tools in the hope that someone might see something obvious I have not. These are taken almost immediately after boot-up but even when the card has the correct essid and the right wpa key it doesn't connect. The ap has a dhcp server running which assigns ip's correctly, but I've even tried a static ip config to no avail.

I've looked through some of the error log files but saw no relevant error messages. It all seems to be operating correctly which is why I'm looking to the configuration aspect of things.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Please.

Attached Files

Re: atheros 5212 wireless working, but not working!!! help needed

i have no experience with neither atheros nor 64bit kubuntu.
    but nobody's replied till now, so i guess it'll do no harm trying a few things.

my experience with having wireless cards work in kubuntu
    includes the following steps:
    a) make sure ssid broadcast is turned on on your dsl router
    b) make sure wpasupplicant be installed
    c) make sure knetworkmanager be installed
    d) delete everything from /etc/network/interfaces except the localhost entry
    e) delete /etc/resolv.conf (the dhcp client will write a new one when called by network manager)

other than this, i wouldn't know...

hth
    gnu/linux is not windoze

Comment

Yeah, I went through this and still no success. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Hang in there Driveway - - I'm having a connection problem with the AR5006EG set. It connected to a public wireless hotspot once, hasn't since.

edit:

Just noticed something in ifconfig under wlan0

Hwaddr 00:00:00:00:00:00 - - - no mac address??
        UP BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1 -----seems to be there!?!
        Interrupt:19

Comment

Working...
        X