X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with lwl4926 wireless driver

hi folks,

I'm having problems with the wireless nic on my fancy new Lenovo T61. I'm running Kubuntu 7.10

The problem is that, if left idle, the network connection dies and refuses to reconnect.

The only way I've been able to get back on the network is by restarting the machine.

The Thinkpad has a Intel PRO/Wireless 4965AG card that is supposed to be supported by the iwlwifi project. However, that site says the driver is supported in kernels 2.6.24 and up, but I'm using Kubuntu 7.10 with a 2.6.22-14 kernel. lsmod says that iwl4965 is running.

Help! This is a work computer - running Hardy isn't a good option.

Thanks,
    -Morgan

Re: Problems with lwl4926 wireless driver

Hardy's actually much more stable and all-around-better than Gutsy (even though it's still beta - it's had a lot of guinea pigs), but you don't have to install it if you don't want to.  What does your '/etc/network/interfaces' file look like?

Edit: Actually, I don't think that's where your problem lies; let me google a bit and I'll let you know what I turn up (you can help search too, if you want)
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

So I decided that rolling my own kernel was more trouble then it was worth, so I've upgraded to 8.04 Beta.

That has solved the problem with the wireless card, but installing some stuff I need has been a bit of a pain. Everything seems to be working now.

On a side note, I tried the "remix" with kde 4 - wtf? Why was this released? Nothing works! Not even the konsole program or the System Settings! ugh!

Now running 8.04 with KDE 3.5 - that fixed the wireless, and with some pain-in-the-ass manual dpkg work, everything else is the way I like.

Comment

Glad to see you've solved your problems with minimal effort
        Asus G1S-X3:
        Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Working...
        X