This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network problem opposite than most

I am pretty new at using Kubuntu but have problems opposite than most people. I installed 7.10 on my desktop as a dual boot a few weeks ago and have been plagued with problems connecting to my router. I thought I had them resolved but my desktop still frequently fails to connect.

On the other hand I took my old Dell 8500 Inspiron last night and wiped WinXP from it and installed 7.10. After digging around a bit and finding the Ndiswrapper configuration tool somwhere, I forget, it was late, it connects beautifully every time to my wireless router using Wicd.

I would love to get my desktop problem resolved. I had another thread going and it appeared that with the help of this forum we had solved it. Now, it has resurfaced. Very strange.

Re: Network problem opposite than most

BTW, this was the breakthrough site for me in setting up my laptop with its Broadcom wireless card. Thanks so much to the author of The Linux Newbie at .http://thelinuxnewbie.blogspot.com/2006/08/installi1ng-wifi-wireless-c_115515845577896146.html
    Followiing the advice in that Blog entry it was a snap getting my laptop connected.

Comment

You're link is incorrectly formatted and results in an error. The correct link is:
      Installing a WiFi (Wireless) Card in Kubuntu: Using ndisgtk and ndiswrapper
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

thanks for correcting the link.

Comment

Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X