This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D-Link DWL-G630 Wireless Card seen but not working

I just recently installed 7.10 Gutsy. At first I connected it up to the internet with my hard ethernet port to get all the updates since I figured my wireless card might not work out of the box off the live cd. Now I have all the updates installed and when I go to 'System Settings->Network Settings' it shows 'eth0' enabled and a 'wlan0' enabled. My cards 'Link' light is on and the 'Act' (Activity I assume) ligt blinks slowly but if I unplug the ethernet cable from the ethernet port the web browers no longer connect to the internet. I am a newbie to linux if you can't tell already and I am not sure how what to do to get this card to work. I have seen that other people have been able to get this card to work with 7.10 but their threads all end before they say how they got it working. All help would be appreciated.

Re: D-Link DWL-G630 Wireless Card seen but not working

I had to use ndiswrapper to get my pcmcia dwl-g630 to work.
    FKA: tanderson

Comment

I am very much a Linux newbie and I am not very good at using these special software tools. Can anyone point me to some documentation or tell me themselves on how to use ndiswrapper? I was really hoping I might get lucky and it would work on install. Guess not.

Comment

search ndiswrapper here and in the ubuntu forums.
        FKA: tanderson

Comment

Working...
        X