X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

access samba drives from krusader / local windows drives writeable

Hallo,

Newbie to kubuntu.

I have two questions, hopefully someone can direct me to some help.

1. My windows partitions are read only, changing fstab ro -> rw did not help. How do I make them writeable.

2. If I click on the icon next to the menu button I can access the network and my samba shares from the Mshome network on my other machine. Dolphin is used for this and lists these drives as :system. But where can I access these drives through krusader?
    (I can use smb4k, then I can see them in the smb4k folder, but it's an extra step)

Thanks, Jean.
    Greetings from Groningen Netherlands

Re: access samba drives from krusader / local windows drives writeable

Originally posted by Jean
    1. My windows partitions are read only, changing fstab ro -> rw did not help. How do I make them writeable.
    Open K Menu | Systems | Adept Manager and select for installation ntfs-conf

Enable/disable write support for any NTFS devices
    This program allow you to easily configure all of your NTFS devices to allow write support via a friendly gui. For that use, it will configure them to use the open source ntfs-3g driver. You'll also be able to easily disable this feature.
    The ntfs-3g package will also be installed (it's required).
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thank you, that worked.

Originally posted by Snowhog
      Originally posted by Jean
      Open K Menu | Systems | Adept Manager and select for installation ntfs-conf

Enable/disable write support for any NTFS devices
      This program allow you to easily configure all of your NTFS devices to allow write support via a friendly gui. For that use, it will configure them to use the open source ntfs-3g driver. You'll also be able to easily disable this feature.
      The ntfs-3g package will also be installed (it's required).
      Greetings from Groningen Netherlands

Comment

You're welcome.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X