This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wired network connection gets wrong settings after restart

After a reinstall of gutsy on my new Asrock NF5Alive motherboard I have problems with my nic settings.
    Just after and during install it is o.k. My knetworkmanager shows the nic (a realteak 100 mbps on board) with the right data. If I check ifconfig it shows:

eth0 inet address: 192.168.2.6 Ecast: 192.168.2.255 Mask: 255.255.255.0

But after restart there is a new entry

eth0:avah inet address: 169.254.4.1 Ecast: 169254.255.255 Mask: 255.255.0.0

and there is no network connection. Knetwormanager shows no active device.

If I start manual configuration of the network manager the ip adres is 169.254.4.1/255.255.0.0
    So I switch to manual and change back everything into the original values and add
    the gateway: 192.168.2.1. because it was reset to 0.0.0.0

The manual situation does not provide internet connection, but when I change back to automatic with DHCP sometimes it keeps the right adresses and I can ping to my gateway address, sometimes the internet connection is even recovered. But often it falls back into the wrong addresses.
    I don't have a clue. I have gutsy installed on a second computer. Never a problem there.
    Who can help
    Johan

Re: wired network connection gets wrong settings after restart

I am having the same IP problems with Dell m1330, intel 4965agn, and broadcom wired, running hardy beta.

I reformatted, and reinstalled, but same problems. When connecting wired demsg shows a eth0-avahi along with an eth0...
    when trying to connect wireless I get the eth0, and then wlan0 and wlan0-avahi...

..both showing the ip and other connection as in above post.

God Bless
    Doug
    Malachi 3:10 ESV <br />...says the LORD of hosts... I will not open...windows...for you...<br /><br />Linux user since 2001 pda; 2006 lappy

Comment

Working...
    X