This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knetwork does not automatically connect to the network

Knetworkmanager requires me to manually click on "Wired Network" every time I log in. This only started when I switched from Gnome to KDE, which makes me think it's a problem specific to Knetworkmanager.

I can't find an option to have it connect to my network automatically.

It's not a huge issue for me, but I get calls at the office from the family that go like this:

"The internet isn't working"
    I then have to explain what the system tray is, which button to right click...no RIGHT click...the other right
    click on "Wired network"
    stop clicking on msn that's why the menu keeps dissappearing
    yes I know MSN doesn't work I'm trying to tell you how to fix it
    ...just use the windows computer till I get home.

So I'd love to fix it, because I found limewire on my windows PC last night...

Re: Knetwork does not automatically connect to the network

Do a Google search for "WICD"... this works a LOT better then knetworkmanager....

Comment

Thank you, I'll try that.

Comment

This is a known bug especially when using ndiswrapper.
        Try wlassistant available in adept or synaptic downloads.

Comment

Same for me. I did a fresh install of gutsy and at first everything worked fine. I configed my wireless wpa2 network and it would connect on startup. First problem I had was somehow when i was trying to config it not to store passwords in kwallet i enabled a manual config. Now for some reason a manual config only lets u use wep and not wpa so i could not connect. Also, there seems to be no option in the interface to turn off manual config and go back to auto. Eventually I figured out that i needed to remove the wireless adapter entries from my /etc/network/interfaces file and that got knetworkmanager back to auto mode and i could connect again, but now i can't get it to connect automatically on boot

Comment

Working...
          X