Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tryin To Get 2nd Hardrive Permissions Can Mount But Cant Access?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tryin To Get 2nd Hardrive Permissions Can Mount But Cant Access?

Ican Mount My Second HD With 2 Partitions sdb1& sdb5 both ntfs With Music And Other Stuff,Im Real Sick Of Mr Gates & His Money But The Last 2 days are testing my patients.How do i even login as root can someone please tell me,I Cant Even edit my smb conf or fstab,Im A Noob As U Can see but i really like kubuntu.Ive tried others the past few days,Its a matter of pride now,I Just cant go back to windows so someone please HELP!!!

Please Remember Im NOOOOOOB
    Thanx In Advance
    TOM

Re: Tryin To Get 2nd Hardrive Permissions Can Mount But Cant Access?

Tom

Having had the same problem I figured out how to fix finally. Go into 'System Settings' - click on the 'Advanced' tab - you should now see 'Disk&Filesystems" click on the icon to open the application. At the bottom of that box is a buttom labeled 'Administrator Mode" click on it and enter you password. This will open you to be able to configure or reconfigure the mount of your drives. Highlight the drive you wish to modify then click the 'Modify button" this window will have a bunch of setting for you to change but the most important are the 'Files belong to user' and 'Files belong to group'. These two boxes MUST show you as the user and group.

On my system I am owner ID (1000). This is for Fiesty and may be a bit different on Gutsy as my Gutsy install has no internet access presently I am using the Fiesty install.

I am far from proficient in Linux (had for 3 weeks now) but trial and error has been a good teacher.

Comment

Working...
    X