This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadcom wireless setup...

i am quite new to linux, and need some help setting up my wireless..
    i have a Broadcom 802.11a/b/g WLAN and need to install the correct driver for it... i have XP and Kubuntu dual boot... any suggestions would be great..

Re: Broadcom wireless setup...

Welcome to the forum. The guys that keep up with all the questions and try to provide support and answers here are great. It helps a lot if you try to do a search before posting a new question. many questions have been asked many times and there will be several threads with pertinent information. For example, I used the words "broadcom wireless" and got seven pages of hits.

Comment

Re: Broadcom wireless setup...

I installed the bcm43xx-fwcutter using the package manager. Just do a search for the file. After that, I edited the modules files in /etc and placed bcm43xx at the bottom. Do this using the sudo command with whatever editor you're used to using. When I next booted, my wireless connected flawlessly to my network and the Internet. I'm using Kubuntu and use Kate as my editor. Another file I've installed is KWiFiManger. You'll see bars in green when the connection is good. Also, you may edit the configuration and indicate "any" as the network name if you're using DHCP. You might also wish to check in the Settings to have the manager stay present in the taskbar after closing the manager. I hope this proves helpful to you.

Roger

Comment

Working...
      X