This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't maintain wireless connectivity.

I'm running Gutsy Gibbon on a Dell 1501. About 3 days ago I did a synaptic update and it wrecked my network connectivity. With on and off wired connectivity i've continued to update Gutsy and have now been able to re-enable the wireless connectivity. However knetworkmanager cannot maintain a solid connection to my wireless network.

My wireless works after the initial login for about 5 minutes then it's gone.

My wi-fi light stays lit the entire time.

What files or extra information do I need to post to effectively ask for assistance.

Not a total n00b but far from "proficient".

*Also the same update killed my touchpad as well. It is recognized but the cursor jumps around and right-clicks at random.

Re: Can't maintain wireless connectivity.

I have the same problem. I can sometimes get a wireless connection but can't maintain it.

Comment

I had the same problem, it is better using wicd ( http://wicd.sourceforge.net/ ).

Comment

How do you install WICD in Kubuntu? It's a Gnome application, right? I had a message of several applications causing conflicts. I didn't know if it's wise to unistall those. Network Manager was one of those conflicting.

Comment

Working...
        X