X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feisty -> Gutsy: No WLAN anymore :(

Hey everyone.

I just installed a fresh 7.10 Kubuntu on my Laptop and am now experiencing some trouble with my WLAN. I chose to use KUbuntu from 6.10 on because it was the only distribution to recognize, install and set up my WLAN chip right out of the box correctly.

With 7.04 I could even use it from the LiveCD.

Now after having installed 7.10 and all the driver packages and restricted materials: still no WLAN interface is set up.

How can that be done?
    If I go to system settings and enter the network stuff I cannot see any button saying "add interface" or something similar.

At home I can plug in a cable but for work and university I need WLAN to work... and since this was no problem in 7.04 I'm sure I'm just missing something here.

Almost forgot: lspci describes my WLAN chip as
    04:09.0 Network controller: RaLink RT2561/RT61 rev B 802.11g
    Anybody experiencing similar problems?
    Any solutions so far?

Regards,
    Sebastian

Re: Feisty -> Gutsy: No WLAN anymore

Yes, this is a known problem: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...22/+bug/118205

I ran into the same thing with the rt2500 chipset in one of my systems last weekend. I eventually ended up downloading the drivers from SVN, building them myself, and manually installed them.

You might want to have a look at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wi...ver/RalinkRT61 if you want to try working around it until they fix the kernel.
    Specs:  Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (@3Ghz), G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066, ASUS Striker II Formula MB, Asus EN9800GTX+ Dark Knight, ABS Tagan BZ800 PS, Antec 900 Case.

Comment

Today's updates fixed it (for me)!

Comment

Well... I didn't upgrade for quite some time (a week, I guess) and last night's upgrade of almost a hundred packages broke it for me again.

Okay, the WLAN chip is still recognized by the system - but I cannot connect to anything. Even if I disregard all security issues and let my AP run without any passwords/ encryption.

Just thought I should let you know, folks.

Comment

Working...
        X