This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Boot Gateway Laptop

Thanks in advance for the assistance. I have a laptop running 7.10 for about 7-8 months and I had a power surge or brown out I am not sure and had a power supply issue and had to disconnect the laptop and power everything down in a hurry. Since then I cannot boot into the standard 7.10 selection in Grub. I can boot to windows and I can boot the recovery selection and then startx to get a desktop. I have always had a problem with this unit that after the initial boot screen I loose the display until X comes up and then I can login. But now it just blanks and I don't get anything. Odd thing is I tried to boot from a knoppix cd and the live kubuntu cd and it just hangs as well. I can post any logs if needed. Thanks again for the assistance.

Re: Unable to Boot Gateway Laptop

Originally posted by Musashi328
    Thanks in advance for the assistance. ... I can boot to windows and I can boot the recovery selection and then startx to get a desktop. ... But now it just blanks and I don't get anything. Odd thing is I tried to boot from a knoppix cd and the live kubuntu cd and it just hangs as well. I can post any logs if needed. Thanks again for the assistance.
    Hope that we can help. Anyway, I'm confused. Can you or can you not boot to recovery? Nevermind the startx command, getting a command line will be more useful at this point.
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Re: Unable to Boot Gateway Laptop

Yes I can boot to recovery to get a terminal. The oddest part about the whole thing is I cannot boot from a live CD. Let me know thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X