X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install on DVI+DVI GeForce 9600GSO

Help!

I have a new AMD 64 with GeForce 9600GSO Graphics Card - this one has TWO DVI outputs and NO VGA output.

After inserting the 64Bit Live CD for 7.10, I get to the point where the CD loads up and asks to "Load Kubuntu" etc... When I click on enter, the screen blanks out.

I suspect it is because of the graphics Card DVI output. Has anyone come across this problem and/or resolved it?!

Appreciate help or suggestions!

Re: Install on DVI+DVI GeForce 9600GSO

Pop in the CD, wait for the screen to come up and press F4 to choose safe graphics (or whatever it is called). It _may_ come up...
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Tried that - but they have option for VGA, and then just resolutions from 600 all the way to 1280..

Tried each one and didnt work!

Comment

Ouch, sorry, no VGA, you said Next possibility would be to fiddle with the kernel boot line. I'd get rid of all things concerning "vga=", "splash" and "quiet" and then try to see whether it comes up at least to the command line. If so, you should download the alternate install CD, do the install from there, download the NVIDIA driver from the NVIDIA site, install and fire up X - if you get to the command line that is
        Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

hmm... will try that and let you know. However, i am surprised as to why it would not work... my PC boots up normally and I can see all the RAM check and Disk Check... onyl when the Live CD starts does it go blank with no signal. Could be that kubuntu 7.10 not supporting new nvidia cards?

Comment

Working...
          X