I'm still not getting through. Here's what I got:

root@puppypc:/# update-initramfs -u -k 2.6.21.7
    update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-2.6.21.7
    Cannot find /lib/modules/2.6.21.7
    update-initramfs: failed for /boot/initrd.img-2.6.21.7
    root@puppypc:/#

Comment

Re: Help! Can't load my Kubuntu

Christ on a bike, reinstall. Not sure what got shot, but it got shot right and proper.

Make a list of the things which a dear to you so you don't forget some crucial info, back up (ask, if you don't know where to find it) and reinstall. Heed Qqmike's warning that there may be something fishy going with your system.

As for the kubuntu live CD, before firing her up press F4 and change to safe graphics. That should do it.
      Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Okie, Dokie, sounds like a plan to me. I'll do some backing up and do a reinstall. It might take me a few days to get-r-done, but I'll post back on here when I get my Kubuntu back, hopefully not before. I appreciate all your help.

Comment

Best of luck!
          Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Well, I got my Kubuntu back. I backed up my home folder, then did a reinstall (upgraded to Hardy while I was at it). Anyways, I'm back in business. Thanks toad and Qumike for your input.

Comment

Persistence is the key! Nice job and congratulations, aldee.

An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

And that despite all the crap that I've thrown at him Well done!

After a long stint away from Kubuntu I am now running 8.04 and must say it was worth the wait. Hope yours will behave itself now!

Comment

"And that despite all the crap that I've thrown at him Grin Well done! "

Yeah, toad. I noticed that, too: He succeeded in spite of our efforts to help!
                  Now THAT is persistence.
                  An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
                  X