X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Case of the Missing Keyboard

I am new to kubuntu, Extremely limited knowledge here -
    I did a install of Kubuntu, have eveything working .
    My wife and i decided to relocate our desks last night and we moved our computers around and plugged in our devices and i went to boot up kubuntu and it says starting ......
    just hangs there ....
    if i unplug my usb keyboard from the hub and plug it into the machine it boots up normally.

So apparently it can't find the keyboard on a different usb port.

What in gawds name do i have to do to fix this, i want to plug my keyboard into my usb hub since my keyboard cord is too short to reach my tower. i have a extension usb cab;e hooked up to it now so i can get the machine to boot but i would prefer to not to have a 6 foot usb extension cable draped across the back of my desk

Re: The Case of the Missing Keyboard

I'm on Debian Etch and have the same experience - when my hub is plugged in my BIOS refuses to come up. And since this is the BIOS, not the OS, there is sweet fa I can do about it.

I take it your experience is similar - or does your BIOS come up fine followed by GRUB and then Kubuntu refuses to start?
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Re: The Case of the Missing Keyboard

no the bios comes up fine as well as grub, i moved the keyboard to the hub and i can boot windows no problem.
      I can even select which option i want to boot from in grub ( so the keyboard is functioning at that point) Seems that the OS doesn't want to acknowledge that is has moved. Just hangs there at the Starting ...... screen.
      If i unplug it and plug it into the back of the tower with the usb extension cable it boots fine in both windows and Kubuntu.
      if i unplug it from the tower after it has booted up and plug the keyboard into the hub it works

Comment

Working...
      X