This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black screen (no signal) after the first menu

After I press "Start or install Kubuntu", the monitor doesn't get any signal. I changed the resolution to my native one (1280x1024) and also to 640x480, but it didn't work out.
    I have a Ati Radeon X800XT graphics card and a TFT monitor, connected by DVI.

Re: Black screen (no signal) after the first menu

How to get started with no GUI
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Alt+F1 or Ctrl+Alt+F1 don't work. I hope I don't have problems with my USB keyboard too. What about typing the graphics mode into the command line before pressing "Start or install Kubuntu"?

By the way, why doesn't rely the Kubuntu installer on the VESA mode when not getting a positive confirmation of the user, like SaX for example does? That would be a fool-proof way.

Comment

Your last question is one that is being asked a fair amount. Many users would like to see this kind of 'fall back' if/when the system doesn't setup the x-server correctly. Will see if the developers pick up on that.

"connected by DVI." A few other members had problems with this connection. Can you connect your monitor with the other cable??

Comment

I'm afraid it's outside my grasp. Can you type in a command like x-interface=dvi?

Comment

Your monitor only has a DVI connection? It should have a standard video connection, and came with the cable for it. This is not the case?

Comment

In fact, I have a VGA connection and a cable, but it's not here.

Comment

Working...
              X