This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading from Fiesty to Gutsy

Hello guys. for a few days now Adept has been giving me the 'new distribution version available' prompt.

i did attempt this once before, but it screwed with my screen resolution settings. (Monitor and Display settings told me it was running in 1024*768, which would be correct. but what was actually displayed on screen was 600*800)

i have had a brief search for anybody suffering the same problem, i found a few similar problems but nothing exactly like what i experienced.

what would you guys suggest as a logical solution ? take the plunge with the update and return here hoping between us we can fix this ? or just stick with Fiesty ?

by the way, my graphics card is a Nvidia 6200.

thanks!

Re: Upgrading from Fiesty to Gutsy

I'm never in any hurry to go up just one step, (eg from 7.04 to 7.10).
    Of course, there are some new things in Gutsy, like Dolphin as the file manager.

Here's what I just did (I have Feisty on sdb5).
    I put Gutsy on sdb6 and kept my working Feisty where it is, which is the one I'm using daily. By the time you work out Gutsy, another will be here!
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Re: Upgrading from Fiesty to Gutsy

lol very true! I'm more than happy with with Feisty at the moment so i am in no rush. i will just have to be extra careful to not hit that button by accident!!

after some of my recent issues, i am not even going to consider dual booting at the moment. at least until i feel i have more experience and confidence with linux.

Comment

Working...
      X