This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major problems installing Kubuntu 7.10 on a Shuttle XPC SD31P

Since a couple of weeks I try to install Kubuntu 7.10 on a Shuttle XPC SD31P with an Intel 945G Chipset. The live CD seems to work fine excepted sound maybe, but the installation does not work when it comes up to step 4. meaning I have no HDD to choose from for the installation.

I have two 250 GB HDD an 2 SATA ports installed.

Is there anyone out there who can help with this anoying problem.

Thanks a lot
    Attached Files

Re: Major problems installing Kubuntu 7.10 on a Shuttle XPC SD31P

Sata is not really very "linux friendly" I had luck with it because i used a maxtor disk i found... Had no problems with it, but i know some hd's need their dirivers installed for linux. What is the make and model of your drive?

visit these pages:

http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Hardware/sata.html
    http://linux-ata.org/driver-status.html

It's all i know

Comment

I learned from the german language forum that the problem could be due to a SATA hd and an IDE DVD drive.

Sometimes the IDE primes the SATA hd so that no disk is recognized. Could that be possible? Seems logical to me.

Comment

Totally possible, IDE's are recognized before SATA. Maybe by changing your bios configuration, and specifying which drive is primary, you colud get some results

Comment

Sorry about my ignorance, but how can I do that. Changing my BIOS yes, but I do not seem to have the possibility to change priority options for SATA drives.

For info: My BIOS is Award 6.0

Comment

Working...
          X