This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photosmart 8180/Norton Antivirus

I am hopping mad. I have Norton Antivirus and cannot scan on my new photosmart at the firewall is blocking it.
    HP want to charge at least £19.90 to sort out
    I can't believe they are not compatible with such a mainstream software as Norton and think they can get away with charging customers.
    Anyone got any ideas what I can do? I am not that computer literate. > > > > >

Re: Photosmart 8180/Norton Antivirus

Norton Antivirus is a Windows program.

This forum is about Kubuntu Linux.

Windows is not Linux. Linux is not Windows.

Norton Antivirus is not relevant to Kubuntu Linux.

Please don't cross post, as you have done, because it only leads to confusion.
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

@arochester: Erroneous post removed by moderator.

@fideliab: Scanning for viruses (not necessary in Linux) has nothing to do with scanning photographs. Too much bitter at the pub, perhaps?

Comment

WELL APPARANTELY IT DOES THE FIRE WALL IS NOT ALLOWING THE SCANNER TO SCAN. BUT THANK YOU I WILL BE DRIVEN TO DRINK IF THIS DOES NOT GET SORTED

Comment

Several questions which may help us help you.
          1) Are you actually using Kubuntu Linux, the subject of this site?
          2) If so, is your HP photo scanner hardware directly connected to your computer? If not, where is it?
          3) What software are trying to use to operate the scanner?
          4) Norton Antivirus(tm) is NOT a firewall. It is a piece of WINDOWS(tm) software that looks at (scans) the memory of your computer searching for viruses Norton Antivirus will not work in Kubuntu LINUX. Is that what you are trying to do?

An observation: if you consider the value of your time and the cost on your health of the aggravation you are experiencing, you have probably exceeded the 20 pounds that the HP people would have charged you.

Comment

Working...
          X