This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon PIXMA MP210 printer not working with linux

My Canon Pixma MP210 printer does not seem to be quite working with linux. My computer will recognize the printer and send print jobs. The printer will shoot out the correct number of pages with nothing on them. The ink jets don't move so I don't think it is a lack of ink--plus the printer is new. The install cd didn't seem to actually work. It certainly didn't work as detailed in the instructions. Is there a driver somewhere out there to make these two machines work together?

As my two early posts show I am green as green gets. I appreciate any help. Even basic steps can elude me if those steps are done for you automatically by windows or done differently in windows. The freedom to control my own machine means learning how it works which involves lots of cursing.

Just in case it is my problem I mention that whenever I open the add remove programs function, I get message that says the database is locked on the Adept installer because another app is using it. If I choose to resolve the problem then adapt crashes. If I choose not to resolve I can go to the list and make changes. I just don't know if this is normal. IF THIS IS NOT PART OF PROBLEM, DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT I WILL ADDRESS IT LATER. Thanks.

Re: Canon PIXMA MP210 printer not working with linux

Follow these instructions and you will fix your Adept problem (and it does need to be fixed).

Once Adept is fixed, you can then open Adept Manager and check for the necessary print packages.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
    X