This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Monitors

Hey everyone, it's been a while. After giving OpenSUSE a go, but then reformatting in frustration, I've come crawling back to Kubuntu - its seriously the best distro I've had yet.

Onto the questions, however:

1 - Does anyone know if theres an option in Nvidia's TwinView function to enable just one monitor? It's all running at the moment but I'm actually quite keen to disable my laptop's monitor, as I used to do in Windows - and gain a little performance. I've only got a Geforce 6150 so it's struggling a bit!

2 - Are the wireless drivers offered for download by Kubuntu (when setting up wireless with restricted drivers) known to be a bit unreliable? I'm constantly having different performance levels with it, sometimes it will work perfectly, others it will just crap out on me and not even connect. I'm wondering if it would be an issue with the driver or maybe something else?

Cheers for any answers/comments!

Re: Multiple Monitors

Well to answer your wireless question:

I have a broadcom 4318 wifi card in my laptop. The restrict driver for it was slower and could not connect to routers that are far away but the ndiswrapper driver worked alot better.

Comment

Working...
    X