This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minior audio problem

Having a problem with the audio system on a fresh Kubuntu 7.10 install. Note that this is not specific to Kubuntu.. I have yet to find a KDE distro that doesn't do this for me, but haven't found a workaround.

Using a Creative Labs Audigy Platinum 2. Everything is working properly, except for muting the master channel, I just cannot mute the thing. There is no toggle on the mixer for it. (This applies for trying it in a terminal too) I've had this on multiple distros, including Kubuntu, openSUSE 10.3, PCLinuxOS, and Sabayon. It only happens in KDE though... if I'm in, for example, Ubuntu 7.10 or another Gnome environment, it works properly.

It's not a "game breaker" for me, but it's been bugging me for the longest time. Anyone have any fixes for this? Other than that Kubuntu is working beautifully, think it's time to get rid of SUSE.

Thanks

Re: Minior audio problem

I think that's normal... Just switch off the other channels or mute it by right-clicking on KMix > Mute.
    For external use only.

Comment

Thanks for replying --

That's the problem, I can't mute it. The only channels with the ability to mute is Line, CD, Phone and PC Speaker. The little mute toggle button just isn't there. Oh it says it's muted, but it's not. (Done via either hitting the mute button on my keyboard, or right clicking and selecting mute) The only way I can actually mute it is to set the volume down to zero.

If I install a KDE distro in a Virtual Machine, that works just fine. It also works if I set up my motherboard's on-board AC97 audio. But with the Audigy.. no mute. (And it's just mute that doesn't work.. audio otherwise works and sounds just fine.)

Comment

Those are the only channels that have mute buttons? Strange...
        I'm not sure what to tell you. Anyone else?

Oh, it's sometimes recommended that you install alsamixergui and play with that a bit... try it.
        For external use only.

Comment

I've seen many posts reporting issues with configuring the Audigy cards -- I'm impressed that someone got one working that well! :P

On Kmix, if you can get to the "Edit>Preferences" menu, there is a list of "channels" and I remember that you want to make sure every one of them is checked.

Comment

Working...
          X