This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird things with Xorg configuration

I made fresh install of gutsy, on new intel PC.

Xorg.conf looks just fine, but Kubuntu is set to 1280x1024 resolution. But login sceen is shown in 1024x768 resolution. After loging in resolution problem is fixed - screen has 1280x1024 resolution.
    Same resolution remain after logging out, but after restarting x server loging screen is shown in 1024x768 resolution again.

Were can be the problem? is it because of hardware (7.04 live cd is not booting at all)?

Re: Weird things with Xorg configuration

A Google search on ubuntu login resolution settings found Changing login resolution. Keeping in mind that the discussion there is based on a Gnome environment, the information can be applied to KDE.

If you will post your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file for review, I think we can identify what change needs to be made to satisfy your inquiry.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

There is my xorg conf.
      For me everything seems OK, but maybee you will see more...
      posting in txt, because conf was blocked
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dumas33
        posting in txt, because conf was blocked
        The way to do this is to open a konsole shell and type:
        Code:
        cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf
        Then you can scroll to the top of the file, click your mouse (and hold) at the beginning of the first line and drag to the last line, release mouse button, click on View and Copy. They you can past the contents into a post.

Your xorg.conf looks fine. I don't see anything there. Are you using a laptop or a desktop PC?

Comment

I'm using desktop pc with LCD monitor.

Xorg.conf looks fine for my to. Another weird thing is I can not set default font size in KDE, after restaring X it look same size like before, but it is shown in configuration window smaller font size number.

use same Kubuntu version in my laptop but everything seems ok there.

Any more ideas?

Comment

In your first post you said "I made a fresh install ..." Did you mean that you had had Gutsy installed, and redid a fresh install?? If that is the case, did you have a separate /home partition, and did you keep it? If that is the case, then in your /home partition, the hidden folder .kde contains a lot of settings from the earlier installation, and will be used in the new. You can easily rename the folder (to say, .kde_OLD) with root access, and then restart your system. In the absence of this foldier, KDE will rebuild it with the settings in the current installation.

Comment

no, kubuntu was installed in empty partition, and resolution is ok after i'm logging in.
              Loggin screen is show in wrong resolution.

Any more ideas? Maybe I should register bug in launchpad.

Comment

Try this: back up /etc/X11/xorg.conf and execute "sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg", choosing the appropriate driver and your preferred resolutions.

That's the fix-all for X problems. Sometimes it works even when you think it wouldn't.
                For external use only.

Comment

Working...
                X