This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installed Gutsy, now my "Super" (aka Windows) key doesn't work

I had the "Super" key and the right and left arrows set up to switch desktops. However, after updating to Gutsy it doesn't work. Am I missing a step somewhere? I had it set up in System Settings -> Keyboard and Mouse. I've tried resetting the keys but whenever I hit the "Super" key and the either arrow it just goes to the arrow.

One other thing I've noticed is that I have tapping disabled on the touchpad but it still works. I have to go into the system settings and check enable tapping, hit apply, uncheck tapping, hit apply and then its disabled until I reboot. Anyway to permanently disable tapping?

Thanks

Re: Installed Gutsy, now my "Super" (aka Windows) key doesn't work

Amarok uses the Win key for some of its shortcuts (previous track, next track). I just upgraded from Feisty to Gutsy, and the key still works in that application.

- T.

Comment

Re: Installed Gutsy, now my "Super" (aka Windows) key doesn't work

Unfortunately, I think the upgrade goes back to default key settings. I had quite a few myself that I had to redefine. Also, the ksynaptics package appears to be broken. I used to use Ctrl-Alt-p to activate and deactivate the mouse touchpad and can't any more and a few other problems with it.

Comment

Working...
      X