This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olympus D-435 doesn't mount correctly

I have an Olympus D-435 camera that won't mount correctly - kind of. With the D-435 the camera presents you with two options when you plug in the USB cable, PC - which should mount the camera so that the computer can use it, or Print - which you can use to connect the camera directly to a printer.
    When I plug in the camera, and select PC, it will mount the camera, but as a Olympus C-370Z. Since it mounts it as the wrong camera, I can't browse the files, or use digiKam to get the files.
    When I plug in the camera, and select Print, it will mount the camera as "USB Imaging Interface". I can view the images, though I can't remove them from the camera; also digiKam won't detect the camera this way either.

Help, my camera is going to get full quickly if I can't remove the images. I have been searching for an answer, but no luck as of yet.

Re: Olympus D-435 doesn't mount correctly

How are you mounting it, with the KDE mount helper dialog thing?
    Try mounting it from a command line. Check /var/log/messages after attaching the camera to find the device node, then using something like "sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /media/disk".

Also, if your camera has a PictBridge mode, try disabling that.

I can't understand how mounting it as a different model would prevent you from accessing the files, though...
    For external use only.

Comment

Working...
    X