X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen Resolution Problem

Hello everyone,

My laptop's screen resolution is suppsed to be 1280 X 800 but I can only change my resolution up to 1024 X 768. Any help?

Re: Screen Resolution Problem

Same problem here.

I supposed that my Intel Graphics Card reach 1280x1024 but changing in xorg.conf...nothing.

How can my Desktop runs at 1024x768 if I changed xorg.conf? :-(

In Control Panel the same, only 1024x768 was here. The driver I used is "intel" because without only with that driver is supposed I can reach 1280x1024.

Any idea?

PS: I read http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=351647 before, there's where I found that with new intel xserver-xorg I don't need 915 resolution package.

Comment

System settings / monitor & display / hardware
      Then set generic lcd panel of appropriate resolution.

It is not the video chipset capability blocking you, it is the detected display panel capability

Comment

My problem was that graphic card reachs 1280x1024 resolution perfectly, but my laptop screen only reachs 1024x768 (WTF?).

My solution: to change the laptop, because 1024x768 is ridiculous... :-(

Comment

Back up /etc/X11/xorg.conf, then execute "sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg" and tell it "no" to the first question (automaticness of something). When it asks you about resolutions, select the ones you want (with space).

If you don't know the answers to any of the questions, the defaults are probably okay.
          For external use only.

Comment

If after following SheeEttin's instruction, you're still having problems, please post your xorg.conf here.
            Asus G1S-X3:
            Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Working...
            X