This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyboard acting strange..SOLVED

Hello people. Im kinda new to kubuntu. Im really enjoying it so fa but I noticed my keyboard starts typing by itself! Possesed? Dont think so :P Anyways, my lappy is a toshiba A105-S2051 , I recently upgraded from Feisty and the kb was working fine... I cleaned the kb in case dirt and whatnot was the problem and installed keytouch but it is still doing the same. Under Terminal, it keeps adding "~" all the time and when using firefox it keeps refreshing the pages... opens the navigator tab when using open office. I really have no idea what could it be. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks

Re: Keyboard acting strange

This is a very weird problem -- I haven't heard of it before. I don't know about "keytouch" -- do you want to remove it and see if the problem goes away too?

Do you have another OS on that laptop to boot into? It would be reassuring to know that your cleaning didn't introduce a short under the key caps somewhere. How about a Live CD -- could you boot one of those and see if the keyboard behaves or not?

Comment

Also, does it happen with all keys, or just certain ones?
      For external use only.

Comment

Right now I dont have another OS on the lappy. It seems that only certain keys are affected. I have used the installation cd I burned but the problem doesnt show up there. Im trying to reinstall right now to see if that fixes something. Oh, Im liking the restricted drivers thingy... recognized my ATI card and wireless... very nice

Comment

Solved! for now, sometimes you never know hehe. I tried a fresh install, but it wouldnt let me... it kept freezing at 87% of installation. Now, I had a bug in my BIOS, the famous ERROR 8254 timer not connected to APIC: IO, so I thought that was part of the problem since my lappy was behaving plain weird (no sound, weird kb, simply buggy) so, I tried the safe graphics mode (for some reason, my lappy shuts the screen down on normal install) pressed F6 and added noapic on the command... everything turned out great. I thought I had to modify the GRUB once in kubuntu, but the bug has not appeared. The keyboard is working great now. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X