This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery monitor application busted!

I very recently bought a new laptop (specifications here: http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/spec/spec_ms1719.asp) and decided to install Gutsy on it (currently Tribe 5). At the moment I have pretty much everything working except for the battery monitoring application that appears on the KDE taskbar...

here's the problem: the application keeps switching from reporting that the battery is fully charged to reporting that the battery isn't there at all, to reporting that the battery is there but completely empty, to reporting that the battery is fully charged but that the laptop is unplugged.

At first I thought it was a problem with the laptop, but I noticed that the battery monitor light that is built into the laptop itself works correctly, and that when the battery monitoring utility reports that my laptop battery is drained, I can unplug my laptop and the battery works just fine.

In other words, I am very confident that this is not a hardware problem, but rather a problem with the way the software monitors and reports on that hardware.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a way to fix it?

Re: Battery monitor application busted!

More than likely, an issue with some part of Gutsy. You can file a bug report, or wait until the next release and see if things improve.

That's what living on the edge is all about - experiencing the unexpected!
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
    X