This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ps2 mouse doesn't work since 6.06 !!!

On my old PC ps2 mouse only works with Kubuntu 6.06 and older. I verified that by booting from different version CDs. Somebody broke ps2 support in 6.10 and it's broken since, even in Gutsy. Search in forums doesn't reveal a fix.

PC = Asus Mobo, Intel 430TX chipset, AMD k6-III cpu

Help !!!!!!!!!!

Re: ps2 mouse doesn't work since 6.06 !!!

get a ps2 to usb adapter? thats the best solution.

Comment

The problem is likely specific to your brand of mouse. I have both ps2 and a USB mice attached to my machine and they both work fine.
      Specs:  Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (@3Ghz), G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066, ASUS Striker II Formula MB, Asus EN9800GTX+ Dark Knight, ABS Tagan BZ800 PS, Antec 900 Case.

Comment

My mouse is a very common Microsoft PS/2 mouse with a scroll wheel...specific to my mouse+PC or not, it works nice ver 6.06 included for years!!! Believe it or not it doesn't work with PS2 to USB as well since 6.10 a later.

Comment

Does the mouse behave different with up-to-date but "non-Ubuntu" Linux versions (e.g. Mepis 7 or Knoppix)?

Comment

I for one, suspect the settings for the mouse in your /ect/X11/xorg.conf file. If you will post it, we can check out the configuration for your mouse.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
            X