This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HTML editing with Hungarian letters

The other day I had to modify a small html file which contained Hungarian letters that are not present in the English alphabet. I found that there was no application that correctly displayed those letters, except OpenOffice Writer, but I need code view...

Re: HTML editing with Hungarian letters

Have you installed the package "kde-i18n-hu"? You should then be able to edit your file with Kate.

Comment

Yes it is (and was) installed. And I still get black question marks in places of Hungarian letters. Have you got any idea?

Comment

To be more precise, if I edit a pre-existing html file, I get the question marks. If I create a new html file it seemingly puts the Hungarian letters there correctly. I put meta data in the file too for correct encoding. Now, when I open this written-in-Kate html file in Firefox, it displays some funny characters not present in the Hungarian language....

Comment

The thought occurred to me that Firefox may use a diffferent i18n package than KDE. Do you know anything about this?

Comment

No, I'm afraid I don't...

Comment

Upon further thought, I suspect that that is not relevant because all the applications should use the appropriate iso-8859 character set for the hungarian language. I assume you have used Firefox Edit>Preferences>Advanced>Edit Languages to add Hungarian language support.

Comment

Well, it has been there by default, it is the first item (actually two items) in the list.

Comment

In that case, I am completely puzzled. If you are editing a file with the proper character set and then reading it with the same character set, it should look the same. I'm not sure I was searching under the correct terms, but I found no reported bugs for "i18n-hu" or "Hungarian". Perhaps you should file one.

Comment

Working...
                  X