This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decent display settings applet needed.

Hi. Can we please have a simple, useable display settings applet able to change/apply display settings in one place e.g. enable multi-head operation, change resolution, backgrounds etc.?

I know this isn't Windoze but we can't be forever expecting new users to figure out how to edit xorg.conf by reading the man pages...

Of course there may be one now, but I sure haven't found it.

I know that this is not likely to be easy, but x.org is pretty good now at detecting and configuring hardware, so it certainly can't be impossible to pass this information to a configuration applet.

I'm thinking a suitable defined standard .rc file per supported card (that the config applet would read on startup) would need to be installed in a standard location (e.g. the /etc/X11 directory) when the video drivers are installed. I'm not a (confident) programmer but I'd like to help with this if someone is willing to pick up it.

Thanks.

Re: Decent display settings applet needed.

Good news, dapper has one which appears in system settings and is part of the Guidance modules. it doesn't currently work but that's a small issue which will be fixed soon.

Comment

Working...
    X