This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What has changed so far in Gutsy

I upgraded from Feisty to Gutsy (kubuntu) and I don't see any difference between the two desktops, maybe all stuff is under the hood?? As I read the announcements of Tribe 1,2,3. I get the impression that Gdebi should be there (not even installed on my pc after an update minutes ago), dolphin is not default, strigi is not there, the only thing that changed is the artwork of my login screen (it's blue now).
    I think this has to do with me upgrading from feisty to gutsy instead of doing a fresh install...can anyone who knows (or did a clean install) tell me what changed. Are ubuntu feisty goodies in place like easy-codec-manager, windows migration tool, restricted driver manager, etc.

Re: What has changed so far in Gutsy

Originally posted by Ernst
    I upgraded from Feisty to Gutsy (kubuntu) and I don't see any difference between the two desktops, maybe all stuff is under the hood?? As I read the announcements of Tribe 1,2,3. I get the impression that Gdebi should be there (not even installed on my pc after an update minutes ago), dolphin is not default, strigi is not there, the only thing that changed is the artwork of my login screen (it's blue now).
    I think this has to do with me upgrading from feisty to gutsy instead of doing a fresh install...can anyone who knows (or did a clean install) tell me what changed. Are ubuntu feisty goodies in place like easy-codec-manager, windows migration tool, restricted driver manager, etc.
    when dist-upgrading, you might want to install kubuntu-desktop (and kubuntu-default-settings) to get all the new things/customizations (like gdebi and strigi).

If you don't wish to install kubuntu-desktop (or kubuntu-default-settings if you don't like kubuntu customizations), you should at least check what would get installed if you would install it...and then install the packages you want manually.

Comment

Re: What has changed so far in Gutsy

I have kubuntu-desktop and kubuntu-default-settings installed and both were recently upgraded. I have to say that I do have Gdebi, the new artwork (for login screen only), and even a restricted driver manager of sorts (in 'system settings'). The only thing I can't find anywhere at this point is strigi.

Comment

Working...
      X