X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

firewall

Hiya to the Developers of Kubuntu

In this wonderful world there are plenty weird people out there on the web - could Kubuntu not have a firewall by default (I used to use Guarddog when I ran Gentoo. The only hassle I had was that I couldn't get iptables to function after a reboot so each time I rebooted I had to run Guarddog to access the web - but I'm no linux boffin...

Gray

Re: firewall

This has been discussed there's no need coz there are no ports open by default.

See: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Firewalls

Comment

Re: firewall

OK I just had a look at your link and I agree with what's there - to add to that would be to create a function whereby a port scanner's pings are just dropped - ie; my system doesn't seem to even be there, as opposed to being blocked alone. Still good to know that the ports are blocked tho. Maybe something in the Zonealarm vein may be an option ? - a pop-up saying what program wants to access the web, and whether access is allowed or denied - simple enough to use (hehe - even I can do so)

Thanks for the efforts so far - a fine system with few obvious issues - even upgraded the kernel minus problems !

Gray

Comment

Working...
      X