This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie firefox youtube problem

Newbie needs help with firefox. Youtube videos don't work anymore because i have and old version of firefox. How do i update firefox? I downloaded firefox-3.6.tar.bz2 but i don't know how to install it. Please help? Adept-Manager crashes when i attempt to update firefox. I'm also having problems with adept-installer.

Re: newbie firefox youtube problem

Which version of firefox are you using? What happens when you open YouTube? Does it asks you to install any plugin? Is the Video section shown or its just a white space? Does the page says anything like 'you have javascript disabled or no flash installed'?

Even if you are using quite old version, YouTube videos should keep working.

Comment

Youtube videos are working. I think i needed to be logged on to see them.
      I don't know how to find out which version of firefox i'm using. I think it's 1.5.
      Thanks

Comment

Open up firefox. There should be a help tab, under which an 'about firefox' option should be present. What does this say? Why are you using Kubuntu 7.04?

Ubuntuzilla should be available for old versions of Kubuntu. It's a python script that you can install via repository.

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawik...itle=Main_Page

I highly recommend that you leave 7.04 in the dust and at least get up to 8.10.
        Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
        Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
        Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

Working...
        X