This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feisty PPC repos gone?

Hey all. I have been running Feisty on my PS3 now for a little while now, as I havent been able find a newer version that actually installs on the system correctly (including the .iso on Ubuntu's site). Everything had been OK up until a few weeks ago, but then apt started giving me "not found" errors. I figured maybe I just messed something up and tried to reinstall the OS. Unforunately I got all the same errors, only now I had a base install without the ability to update anything normally. I tried tracing the addresses through my web browser, and it looks to me (definitely not an expert) like the AMD64 and 386 repos are still in place, but PPC just vanished into thin air. So far, the best I've been able to do is change my apt sources list to pull from Gutsy's PPC, but I've understandably noticed my system my system acting funny by using the libs from a different OS. Does anyone know-
    A. Why they would pull repositories for one architecture, but leave the others? (makes no absolutely sense to me) or...
    B. Where I can find an install for a more current kubuntu version that actually works without corrupt packages or it insisting on not finding a kernel on the disk that is actually there? I've tried .iso's from a couple of different places without success and upgrading to Gutsy through apt or adept have left me with an unbootable system after waiting for several hours for them to download and do their thing.

I didnt like YDL, and am even ok with having the wi-fi/bluetooth/shutdown bugs if I can get something that works. Am I seeing or doing something wrong, or am I just SOL with the PS3 until when(or if) an official working version is ever released?

Thanks much for any help anyione can provide and sorry about the long post, just hoping to answer any questions anyone may ask me in return.
Working...
X