This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems switching between desktops in KDE4/8.10 [SOLVED]

I recently upgraded to 8.10. At first, I was able to switch between desktops by simply moving the mouse to the edge of the screen. However, it no longer does this, I can only switch desktops by clicking on the number of that desktop and I cannot figure out how to get it back to how it used to be.

Also, in the past I could switch between different programs/documents that I had open simply by clicking on the program on the taskbar at the bottom. Now, I first have to click on the proper desktop and then on the program.

Can anyone please help me restore these functions?

Thank you for your help.

UPDATE

I was able to solve the problem by switching my session manager to KWin. Thanks for all your help.

Re: Problems switching between desktops in KDE4/8.10

You need System Settings ->Window Behaviour ->Advanced (tab) and enable Active Desktop Borders.

Have Fun.

Comment

Thanks for the help, I tried this, then restarted KDM, but no luck; then restarted the computer, still no luck. Anything else I can try?

Comment

Works if set correctly:
        Attached Files
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

My settings are exactly the same as yours, but they don't work. Is there something else to check?

Comment

Working...
          X