This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to Install Firefox 3

I have Kubuntu 7.04 running on my computer. I have checked all the repositories in adept package manager. However I don't find firefox 3 in the package list. How do I get it. Is firefox 3 available for Feisty Fawn?
    Triple booting Kubuntu Intrepid with XP and Ubuntu Hardy <br />Intel Pentium DualCore 2 Ghz, 1 GB RAM Intel 945GM MoBo

Re: Want to Install Firefox 3

New versions

Ubuntu Backports
    Ubuntu releases a new version of its OS every 6 months. After a release, the version of all packages stays constant for the entire 6 months. For example, if Ubuntu ships with OpenOffice.org 2.0.x, it will remain at OpenOffice.org 2.0.x for the entire 6-month release cycle, even if a later version gets released during this time. The Ubuntu team may apply important security fixes to 2.0.x, but any new features or non-security bugfixes will not be made available.
    But
    This is where Ubuntu Backports comes in. The Backports team believes that the best update policy is a mix of Ubuntu's security-only policy AND providing new versions of some programs. Candidates for version updates are primarily desktop applications, such as your web browser, word processor, IRC client, or IM client. These programs can be updated without replacing a large part of the operating system that would affect stability of the whole system.

How
    When you need a package backported which is not currently available, create a new bug report in the Backports Product of Launchpad...

Backports is largely powered by users and volunteers. We would appreciate any and all community involvement, but ask that it be constructive towards the progress of Backports. Some suggestions include:

*Filing requests. We would not know what to do without your input

Other ways:

Ubuntuzilla
    This is the home of the Ubuntuzilla project, which is a python script that allows the user to install the latest versions of Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla SeaMonkey, and Mozilla Thunderbird on Ubuntu Linux. Ubuntuzilla has a support forum on the Ubuntu Forums in the 3rd party projects area, which you are encouraged to use if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions.

Mozilla
    You can download and install Firefox from the Mozilla.

> FAQ: Firefox

DIY Backport
    If your favorite package isn't backported, you can backport it yourself ,or try to.
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Re: Want to Install Firefox 3

Filed a request to Backport the package at Launchpad
      Triple booting Kubuntu Intrepid with XP and Ubuntu Hardy <br />Intel Pentium DualCore 2 Ghz, 1 GB RAM Intel 945GM MoBo

Comment

Working...
      X