X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iiimsf What is it?

I've just done an nmap scan on my machine and one of the entries is:

50000/tcp open iiimsf

I've searched Google but cannot find any info that I can understand as to what it is/does. Can anyone enlighten me about what this is and also do I need it and how to uninstall it if not needed. I understand that the "do I need it" may well depend on what I've got installed and may not be easy to answer. My main concern is that I have not seen this before and have no idea as to what it is or what it's doing.

Thanks

Re: iiimsf What is it?

iiimsf 50000/tcp # Internet/Intranet Input Method Server Framework

Nmap - Free Security Scanner
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately I have to admit that I'm none the wiser. Searching Google made me none the wiser either. Could you explain what it actually does and whether I might need it. I have no idea what I installed to produce that output.

Thanks

Comment

Okay I know this is a long time after the last post but should anyone else, like me come here looking for this sort of thing here is a way of finding out a little more:

I ran wireshark filtering for port 50000 and ran the nmap scanned again.
        This helped me pinpoint the app to be the db2exc which installs a db2 server.

Comment

Working...
        X