This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adept Manager and Tags

I know how to use Adept Manager to install and upgrade applications under Kubuntu, but one thing that I have searched for and have not found any documentation on concerns the tags in Adept.

It says Tags I Want (drop tags here) and Tags I Do Not Want (drop tags here, but try as I may I can't drop any tags there. I presume that these tags act as filters in the Search.

Then there is the window on the right with three tabs, Smart, Simple, and All; but there is no explanation of how to use them or even what they do. And if I select Adept Manager Handbook under Help, I am told that there is "...no documentation available for /adept_manager/index.html".

What's a user to do? Any suggestions?

Re: Adept Manager and Tags

Here, if i drag and drop from Available tags (Smart) > Role > Program to the "Tags I Want", Adept Manager will show only Program packages (not libraries etc..).

And if I select Adept Manager Handbook under Help, I am told that there is "...no documentation available for /adept_manager/index.html".
    Yes, it would be nice to get docs

There is :
    AdeptHowto
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AdeptHowto?h...ht=%28adept%29
    but it is really short.
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Re: Adept Manager and Tags

Thanks, Rog11. I finally was able to drag and drop from Available tags. I don't know exactly how much help it will be.

And I had discovered already the HowTo for Adept that you referenced. As you said, nice, but short.

Comment

Working...
      X