This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thunderbird Chews up CPU

I've been using TB almost since it came out. However, it has now become almost unusable, continuously chewing 95% plus of the CPU.

Unless there is a quick and simple solution, and I don't think there is from what I've been reading, I am thinking of moving to KDE's embedded email client.

So, are there import functions to import my TB stuff into KMAIL or Kontact?

NB: I may have posted in the wrong group- I'm using 7.10 and TB 2.0.0.6

Thanks

Re: Thunderbird Chews up CPU

Review KMail and/or Kontact manuals for info on importing from other clients. Also, look at TB itself. Almost all clients have an export function which you may need to use, if KMail and/or Kontact can't import directly from TB.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
      Review KMail and/or Kontact manuals for info on importing from other clients.
      Thanks for the reply. I had already explored the "manuals" before posting here. Imports seem to be outlook and some other obscure clients I hadn't heard of.

Cheers

Comment

Most mail clients will import .cvs (or is it .csv) files. Most mail clients will export to the same. Check TB for it's export options, and KMail for it's import options.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
          Most mail clients will import .cvs (or is it .csv) files. Most mail clients will export to the same. Check TB for it's export options, and KMail for it's import options.
          KMAILCVT, of course.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by GUIGuy
            I've been using TB almost since it came out. However, it has now become almost unusable, continuously chewing 95% plus of the CPU.
            Thankfully I managed to work out the reason for the excessive CPU usage- Google Desktop plugin for TB. It has been consigned to binary hell where I hope it rots.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X