This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

qt4 and feisty

I am trying to install qt4-designer, and libqt4-dev (among other things) and I am getting messages that the libqt4 package (and all the other qt4 ones) are broken, and won't be installed. I can't figure out what the problem is, and I know from other threads that people have had some kind of problem, but none of them bring up a solution to fix it.

I noticed this issue when I tried to do the tutorials from the Kubuntu tutorial day.

thanks for the help.

Re: qt4 and feisty

I think that means that there are dependencies that are needed but not accounted for. Adept is supposed to grab all those dependencies for you but I have had the same problem you are having when installing other packages from Adept.

Maybe you can download the source code and needed libraries and compile it yourself? If you are a noob like me then this sounds more difficult than it really is.

m
    sudo make me rich<br /><br />Kubuntu Gutsy 7.10<br />KDE 3.5<br />Compaq Presario 5000<br />Intel Celeron 1.2 Ghz<br />512 Ram, Riva TNT2 Video Card<br />All the above hardware is 7 year old junk but<br />Linux runs great on it.&nbsp; :&gt<br />Ham Radio Rules

Comment

Re: qt4 and feisty

number 1 are you using adept or apt to install? which one? adept is junk. install synaptic.

sudo apt-get install synaptic

that will tell if you have broken packages or not. if you have them remove then then do a search on qt4 an in the list that comes request a reinstall on all the packages. hope this helps

Comment

Working...
      X