This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adept and programs installed by hand

Hi, i'll want to know.. How i can to see handly installed programs in the adept? Thanks...

Re: Adept and programs installed by hand

Adept will only show packages that are in the repositories that are enabled in Adept, AFAIK.

Comment

AFAIK, a package installed via apt-get (command line install) will also be reflected in the listing of installed applications in Adept Manager.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Adept will also show (for easy removal) all deb packages installed by hand (with dpkg or gdebi). It doesn't show any software installed from source (with ./configure-make-sudo make install). You can, however, easily create deb packages from source with checkinstall (if you install it)...the procedure is (./configure-make-sudo checkinstall...and answer a few questions). Software installed with checkinstall will show up in adept.

Note: checkinstall is a quick-and-dirty way of creating debs, if you wish to distribute your package, you should use proper debian packaging guidelines (and tools)

Comment

Finally, it's the best way for organize and take under control my soft, install throught adept or make deb packet from source. Thanks...

Comment

Hi corban

The best way, I have found, is to use the packages that are already included in Adept, especially if you are fairly new to linux. A lot less heartbreak, a lot less PC break.
            I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Comment

Working...
            X