This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compiz and Nvidia Mysteriousity

My Compiz that worked so beautifully for the past month suddenly choked earlier this week...no longer showed the min/max/close buttons in the window headers, and the keyboard stopped working. Switching windows managers back to Metacity solved both problems. After two days of tinkering, fooling (emphasis on the fool part) with the Nvidia installations, I've now managed to boot into a blank screen after the Kubuntu load bars complete. I can boot into a command prompt, but have no idea what to do with it.

I've fallen and can't get up! Send help...

Re: Compiz and Nvidia Mysteriousity

Well, after only six or eight hours of fiddling with the system, I can now use my Nvidia card again...since I had to use Automatix to get the thing to work makes it a rather hollow victory. I know there's a number of authoritative diatribes concerning Automatix, but it does offer a simple solution to a very nasty problem. I only use it for the Nvidia driver.

Now, on to getting Compiz back...

Comment

Re: Compiz and Nvidia Mysteriousity

Curiouser and curiouser, as Alice said when she went through the looking glass. Sometimes Compiz works, sometimes it doesn't. Can't seem to find the recipe for success here. When I try using Compiz as the window manager, I get no buttons on the toolbar on top of the windows and I can't move them. Also, the keyboard doesn't work...switch back to Metacity, and I get toolbars, buttons, and keyboard, but of course no Compiz.

I've purged and reinstalled...twice...Nvidia's working OK, but in KDE, nothing else for Compiz if functional. Any clues? Or is this just buggier than an alley mutt?

Comment

Working...
      X