Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

noob install help- I'm not entirely idiotic!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

noob install help- I'm not entirely idiotic!

right, I am totally new to Kubuntu. I just got my wireless working. In the future this will help with other programs too, but right now I want to install Adobe Flash Player. I downloaded the tar.gz file to my desktop. here's the website with install instructions. http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get...9_linux.tar.gz
    Even though it has instructions, I'm a total noob! I saved it to desktop, but how do i navigate to it in the terminal?

Re: noob install help- I'm not entirely idiotic!

First place to get software is the repositories, i.e. K Menu > System > Adept Manager. Search for (and install) "libflash-mozplugin" if you want Flash in Firefox, "konqueror-plugin-gnash" for Konqueror, or "klash" if you just want a standalone Flash player.
    For external use only.

Comment

yay! thank you!

Comment

well now.... I've got it installed, but it won't play anything...

Comment

Check out Kubuntu:Feisty Starter Guide. On that page are instructions for Adobe Flash Player v.9 Firefox Plug-in as well as Adobe Flash Player v.9 Konqueror Plug-in and a lot of other information you will find very useful.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X